But when the Israeli ambassador to the US told us (after almost 2,000 Palestinians had been slaughtered, most of them civilians) that the Israeli army should be awarded the Nobel Peace Prize for its “unimaginable restraint” in the Gaza war, I had to glance at the calendar. Was it 1 April, perhaps? Was this some kind of gargantuan joke, so obscene, so grotesquely inappropriate, that it contained some inner meaning, some kernel of truth, which I had missed? The Nobel ...Continue reading »
Popular News Stories
- In the Syria We Don’t Know by Charles Glass
- Vladimir Putin Threatens US, Europe with Russia's 5,000 Nuclear Warhea...
- Coffee, regular or decaf, is good for your liver: Study : LIFE : Tech ...
- Erdogan angles to tag Gulenists as a national security threat
- Report: Hamas leader's daughter received medical treatment in Israel