A provision of the law U.S. President Barack Obama signed last summer, which goes into effect on Feb. 6, states that funds being used to pay for oil must remain in a bank account in the purchasing country and can be used only for non-sanctioned, bilateral trade between that country and Iran. Continue reading »
Popular News Stories
- Amy Schumer, Louis C.K. Among Jon Stewart's Final 'Daily Show' Guests
- Incommensurate Russia. New Left Review 94, July-August 2015.
- Iranian city Bandar Mahshahr hits 'incredible' temperature of 43C duri...
- Iran's rulers urge a baby boom to double population by 2050
- YouTube 'stunt' shows violent homophobia in Russia