If Iranian youth culture was portrayed in a BBC drama, it might be called “Inside, Outside,” or even “Righteous, Raucous.” That is the duality present in Hossein Fatemi’s “An Iranian Journey,” a series that shows young people’s public modesty and piety vanishing once they escape the wary gaze of authority. These youths play music, drink, smoke, commingle and enjoy other intemperate — i.e., regular — Western activities. They are online, on Facebook, and are politic ...Continue reading »
Popular News Stories
- Niqash - economy - A Bigger Threat Than The Extremists: Iraq On Verge ...
- The Danger of Derailing the Iranian Nuclear Deal « LobeLog
- Niqash - society - Profiling Mosul’s Extremist Celebrity: The Minister...
- Everything You Need To Know For The Iran Talks
- BBC News - Iran nuclear talks: 'Big gaps' remain as deadline looms