From “Let Me Tell You Where I've Been: New Writing by Women of the Iranian Diaspora“, edited by Persis Karim, (University of Arkansas Press, May 1, 2006). Karim is on a U.S. book tour. See schedule.
And so the trains passed me by.
and fall left me standing still
in a twilight of flames.
Who was it that came
these slippery vowels from disgrace,
and the four luminous geranium leaves
from leaving my dreams?
And was it again winter?
And who was it that came
by that gray mass of iron
into this broken station
to spread red paisley carpets
in the lost rooms of my eyes?
Upcoming readings with Persis Karim and contributing authors
* June 15, City Lights Bookstore, San Francisco, 7pm
* June 18, Beverly Hills Library Auditorium, 7pm
* June 21, Capitola Book Cafe, Capitola, 7pm
* June 22, Kepler's Bookstore, Menlo Park, 7:30pm
* June 26, Cody's Books, Berkeley, (4th St), 7 pm
* June 29, Modern Times, San Francisco, 7:30 pm
* July 6, Book Passage, Corte Madera, 7pm
* July 11, Women and Children First Bookstore, Chicago, 7pm
* July 12, The Loft, Minneapolis, 7 pm
For more information see: PersisKarim.com
Subscribe to The Iranian newsletter
Sign up for our daily newsletter to get the top news stories delivered to your inbox.