A provincial official in Iran has accused the United States of being behind Thursday’s bombing of a mosque that killed at least 19 people. Jalal Sayah, deputy governor of Sistan-Baluchestan province, said three people had been arrested following the attack. “According to the information we obtained they were hired by America and the agents of arrogance,” he said. Some 60 people were hurt in the attack during evening prayers at the mosque in Sistan-Baluchestan’s capital, Zahedan.
Subscribe to The Iranian newsletter
Sign up for our daily newsletter to get the top news stories delivered to your inbox.