Ocotber 25, 2005
New Grand Canyon sky walk
* Scheduled to open Jan. 1, 2006 Hualapai Indian Reservation
* Juts about 70 feet into the canyon, 4000 ft above the Colorado River"
* Will accommodate 120 people comfortably (Ha Ha!!!!! I can see you crawling on your hands and knees to look over the edge?)
* Built with more than a million pounds of steel beams, and includes dampeners that minimize the structure's vibration.
* Designed to hold 72 million pounds, withstand an 8.0 magnitude earthquake 50 miles away, and withstand winds in excess of 100 mph
* The walkway has a glass bottom and sides... four inches thick
Sent by eyeranian.net
Funny stuff, interesting stuff, important stuff, stupid stuff,
all sorts of stuff... Have you got something for this page?