Tripple track diplomacy in the Persian Gulf
April 12, 2000
* Expert Advisers
Carroll, Thomas F. 1992. Intermediary NGOs: The Supporting Link in Grassroots
Development. West Hartford, CT: Kumarian Press.
Fisher, Julie. 1998. Nongovernments: NGOs and the Political Development
of the Third World. West Hartford, CT: Kumarian Press.
Folger, Joseph P. & Tricia S. Jones, eds. 1994. New Directions in
Mediation: Communication, Research, and Perspectives. Thousand Oaks, CA:
Hume, Cameron R. 1994. The United Nations, Iran, and Iraq: How Peacemaking
Changed. Bloomington, IN: Indiana University Press.
Kriesberg, Louis. 1998. Constructive Conflicts: From Escalation to Resolution.
London: Rowman & Littlefield Publishers.
Lepgold, Joseph and Thomas G. Weiss. 1998. Collective Conflict Management
and Changing World Politics. Albany, NY: State University of New York.
Mahan, Alfred T. 1894. The Influence Of Sea Power Upon History, 1660-1783.
Boston: Little, Brown.
Mayer, Richard J. 1995. Conflict Management: The Courage to Confront,
2nd ed. Columbus: Battelle Press.
Mojtahed-Zadeh. "Regional Alliance in the Persian Gulf: Past Trend
and Future Prospects," The Iranian Journal of International Affairs,
10:1-2, Spring-Summer 1998, 1-20
Sick, Gary G. and Lawrence G. Potter, eds. 1997. The Persian Gulf at
the Millennium: Essays in Politics, Economy, Security, and Religion. New
York: St. Martin's Press.
Tehranian, Majid. 1999. Global Communication and World Politics: Domination,
Development, and Discourse. Boulder: Lynne Rienner Publishers.
Vayrynen, Raimo, eds. 1991. New Directions in Conflict Theory: Conflict
Resolution and Conflict Transformation. London: Sage.
- Professor Leanne Piggott, Center for Peace and Conflict Studies,
- Professor Amin Saikal, Director, Center for Arab and Islamic Studies,
- Professor. Bjoern Moeller, Copenhagen Peace Research Institute, Copenhagen
- Dr. Seyyed Abbas Araghchi, Director, Institute of Political and International
- Mr. Ali Asghar Mehrabi, Research Associate, IPIS
- Dr. Jalil Roshandel, Institute for Political and International
- Professor Behzad Shahandeh, Tehran University
New Zealand Dr. Kevin Clements, Director, Alert, London
- Switzerland M. Jean F. Freymond, Director, Center for Applied
- Oguz Celikkol, director general of ministry of foreign affairs, Turkey
- Mr. Jack Maresca, Vice-President, Unocal, Geneva
- Ambassador Roscoe S. Suddarth, President, The Middle East Institute,
- Professor Stephen Zunes, University of San Francisco
Toda Institute Staff
- Professor Majid Tehranian, Director, Toda Institute; University of
Hawaii at Manoa
- Mr. Tomosaburo Hirano, Deputy Director, Toda Institute, Honolulu
- Dr. Satoko Takahashi, Program Manager, Toda Institute, Honolulu