Mehregan in Washington DC
PLAN AHEAD! MARK YOUR CALENDAR FOR THE IACA'S MEHREGAN FESTIVITIES!
The Iranian American Cultural Association invites you to celebrate the
bounty of Autumn during its Mehregan pgarty on Saturday evening, 7 October
* At the elegant, historic Crowne Plaza in the heart of downtown Washington,
D.C. at 14th and K Streets, N.W.
* 8:00 p.m.-1:00 a.m., in the Hamilton Ballroom.
* Renowned musicians, guitarist Said Amintinat and santourist Kazem
Davoudian, will present a program of original compositions as well as folkloric
music from Iran. Developing this program exclusively for the IACA's
audience, Amintinat and Davoudian have a unique approach that utilizes
complex and innovative rhythmic and harmonic structures to interpret Iran's
rich melodic traditions in a novel set of arrangements. They will offer
regional songs from Gilan, Mazandaran, and Fars, as well as Bakhtiari tunes.
The program will also include classical music of Western Europe and traditional
music from Japan.
* Light dinner buffet & cash bar, followed by dancing to the best
Iranian & international music.
* RSVP no later than Monday, 2 October, at 5:00 p.m. Call the IACA voice
mail at 301-656-IACA, or send your check to: IACA, P.O. Box 7117, Chevy
Chase, MD 20183-1171.
* Member & non-member ticket prices: $35.00 & $40.00.