Authentic 1909 Print from The Illustrated London
"An 'absolutely correct' revolution captured in Tehran."
1. The Imperial Bank of Persian, which occupying part of the
eastern side of the Gun Square [Toopkhaneh], the scene of much
fighting, was struck by several shells.
2. Mohammad Ali, Shah of Persia, who signified his abdication
by taking refuge in the Russian summer legation at Zargandeh.
3. Gun Square: The scene much of fightingn.
4. Colonel Liakhoff, the Russian officer who commanded the ex-shah's
Persian bodyguard, and was asked to police Tehran for the new
5. Sultan Ahmad Mirza, new Shah of Persia, under the regency
of Azad ul Mulk.
6. The ex-shah and members of his suite.
7. The parade ground.
8. The painted gate of the parade ground.
Sent by Darius
interesting old photos of ordinary people, places, political leaders,