- Publisher/Editor, iranian.com.
- Stringer, BBC Persian Service, Washington, DC, July 1998-March 2001.
- Iran Business Monitor, New York, 1994-96.
- Aftab cable television, New York, 1994-96. (Freelance)
- BBC Persian Service, 1991-96. (Freelance)
- The Associated Press, Tehran, summer 1991. (Freelance)
- Daily Lobo, University of New Mexico, Albuquerque, 1990-92.
- Tehran Times, ~1988-89. (Freelance)
- Soroush magazine, photographer, ~1982-85. (Freelance)
- Kayhan International, Tehran, ~1982-85. (Freelance)
- Crescent International, London. ~1982-88. (Freelance)
- Iranian news agency, IRNA, Tehran (1981-85, 1988-89), London, (1985-88), New York/United Nations, (1992-94).
- IRNA reporter at Iran-Iraq peace talks, Geneva, 1988-89.
- IRNA reporter at Non-Aligned Movement summit, New Dehli (1982), Belgrade (1989).
- Albuquerque Journal Journalism Scholarship, 1992.
- Third Place, regional college news reporting, Society of Professional Journalists (USA), 1992.
- "Reporter of Year," Daily Lobo, University of New Mexico, 1991.
- Third Place, photography, Museum of Contemporary Arts, Tehran, 1984.
- B.A., Media Studies, Hunter College, City University of New York, 1996.
- Journalism major, University of New Mexico, Albuquerque. 1990-92
- Intensive journalism course, City University, London, UK. Summer, 1983
- Wurtzburg American High School, Wurtzburg, Germany, 1979-80.
- Castle High School, Kaneohe, Hawaii, 1978-79.
- Wilson High School, Long Beach, California, 1977-78.
- Thacher High School (private boarding school), Ojai, California, 1976-77.
- 25 Shahrivar High School, Abadan, Iran, 1975-76.
- Babak Middle School, Abadan, Iran, 1969-75.
- Roya School, Abadan, Iran, 1966-69.
- Parvaneh Kindergarten, Abadan, Iran, ~1965-66.
- Born: Abadan, Iran, March 3, 1962.
- Daughter: Mahdiyeh (born 1982).
Jahanshah can be reached at [email protected]
* For links to Jahanshah Javid's articles in The Iranian, go to the Who's Who section
* Writers Index
Copyright © Abadan Publishing Co. All Rights Reserved. May not be duplicated or distributed in any form.