March 5, 2007
How are men and women treated differently under the law in Iran?
* Compulsory hejab for women
* Men can have multiple wives
* Daughters inherit one half, compared to sons
* In court, two female witnesses equal one male
* Women cannot become judges
* Women cannot become the Supreme Leader
* Women cannot become president
* Men can get divorced under any circumstances; women cannot
* Divorced men get automatic custody of children
* Women cannot travel without husband's permission
* Women cannot get a hotel room if traveling alone
* Women cannot sing solo to mixed audiences
* Women are barred from studying many subjects in universities
* Women not allowed to play certain "indecent" sports
* Women not allowed to watch sports in a stadium alongside men
* Women are not allowed to drive bicycles/motorcycles
* ... etc, etc, etc.
Winner: Simin Habibian. 100 Afarin
The person who wins the most number of daily quizes in a month will be awarded any book from amazon.com with a cover value up to $50 and their name will be enshrined in the Column of Champions! Second-place winner will receive the comic book "Rostam tales from the Shahnameh", a Persian/English wall calendar from Children of Persia, or a gift certificate from eworldrecords.com.
previous quiz questions
Do you have an interesting question to suggest for this page? Email