Peaceful, gradual change
February 8, 1999
On January 30, 1999, members of The Iranian mailing list were sent questions to gague their general views on the 1979 revolution. Here are the results. (For comments from respondents click here).
- Number of emails on The Iranian mailing list: 10,569 (more
than 90 percent are outside Iran)
* What is the most important lesson of the 1979 revolution?
59% .... That peaceful and gradual change is better in the long-run
* If you could go back to the time of the revolution, what would you do?
58% .... Support the overthrow of the monarchy in favor of a democratic
* What is your opinion of revolution as a means of political expression?
49% .... Revolutions are good if they have good leaders
* Another survey on the 1979 revolution (Feb
Got any interesting material regarding the
Copyright © 1997 Abadan Publishing Co. All Rights Reserved. May not be duplicated or distributed in any form
Web Site Design by
Internet server by