November 9, 2001
Attention Irish soccer fans
Dear Irish fans,
In order to make your trip to Iran more enjoyable we suggest that you
follow the following guidlines:
1) Be extremely friendly to the ladies, two kisses on each side is recommended.
2) Wear T-shirt with sadam's picture on it, they would love you for that.
3) If you need a beer go to a mosque and ask the bartender, it is usually
the guy with towel rapped around his head.
4) Drive your self after you get drunk, Cheers.
5) You don't need a visa to go to Iran. Just show up at the airport with
an Israeli passport and a recommendation letter from CIA!
6) You will have the distinct pleasure of visiting Iran during the month
of Ramadan. Ramadan is basically like a combination of Oktoberfest, Mardi
Gras and St Patrick's day.
7) Great way to meet people, specially the people in charge of greeting
foreigners (who we call Basij) is to offer them tokens of food during lunchtime,
preferably ham sandwich with bacon on top.
8) For picking up ladies go to Namaz Jomeh (basically the same atmosphere
as a wet T-shirt contest).
9) If you have some extra time, you should visit the city of Qazvin,
known for their hospitality.
10) Qazvinis love to joke around, a good way to get them going is to
moon them, that will be a sure way to break the ice.
Thanks to Saeed Ganji
Funny stuff, interesting stuff, important stuff, stupid stuff, all
sorts of stuff... Hundreds of daily tidbits were featured in The Iranian
Times. They will be gradually archived here. Have you got something for
this page? Email us