The good news is that according to polls, Iranian-Americans vote overwhelmingly for democrats. Clearly we are not fools. Without question, the Democrats have always been better for business and the economy. This nonsense that Democrats are socialists is exactly that, nonsense. Progressive Democrats are staunch supporters of free enterprise and have proven that they are very best for individual and national prosperity – hands down and here are the facts.
1) Democratic administrations have created almost twice – yes 2x – the jobs that Republican administrations have. And here is factual confirmation: Using Bureau of Labor Statistics figures for the month each president took office, Democratic presidents presided over the creation of 42.3 million jobs and Republican chief executives saw 23.9 million over the past 50 years.
2) The Republicans are the ones that got the U.S. in a fiscal mess. Republicans quadrupled the national debt before Clinton, and then doubled it After Clinton. And here is factual confirmation: The Treasury Department’s website, www.treasurydirect.gov, includes detailed historical data on the government’s public debt. Only annual fiscal year data is available for the period before 1997. Total public debt rose from $907.7 billion on Sept. 30, 1980, four months before President Reagan’s inauguration, to $4.1 trillion on Sept. 30, 1992, as the administration of President George H.W. Bush was coming to a close. Under Clinton, the rise slowed markedly, going to $5.7 trillion. On the second half of his claim, his math was a little off. Total debt rose from $5.7 trillion on Jan. 22, 2001, the first trading day after President George W. Bush was sworn in, to $10.6 trillion on Jan. 20, 2009, when Obama took over.
3) Stock Market has done much better under Democrats than Republicans. And here is a double factual confirmation: First the S&P 500 has seen annual gains of about 12 percent since 1901 during Democratic administrations, compared to less than half that when a Republican was in the oval office; and a recent “Economist” magazine study showed that during Democratic administrations (since 1929), the stock market has seen real gains of 300 percent while its net gain has been 0 percent during the same period under Republican administrations.
4) Everyone's income grows more under Democrats than Republicans – yes EVERYONE’S. And here is factual confirmation: From an article published in the Washington Post, based on a dataset that covers more than 50 years, 10 administrations, and half a dozen other studies (and that's a fair amount of data, and the results that are all awesomely consistent) – no matter which income bracket you look at: 20th percentile under Republicans 0.4% increase, under Democrats 2.6% increase; 40th percentile under Republicans 0.8% increase, under Democrats 2.5% increase; 60th percentile under Republicans 1.1% increase, under Democrats 2.5% increase; 80th percentile under Republicans 1.4% increase, under Democrats 2.4% increase, 95th percentile under Republican 1.9% increase, under Democrats 2.1% increase. Voila!!
5) Gross domestic product has increased much more under Democrats versus Republicans. And here are the facts from World Bank data: It’s been 4.2% growth each year since 1949 when Democrats run the executive branch, versus 2.6% under Republicans.
6) Corporate profits have been much higher under Democrats than Republicans. And factual confirmation comes from S&P itself: Corporate profits show a political disparity - S&P 500 GAAP earnings per share climbed a median of 10.5% per year since 1936 during Democratic administrations, besting an 8.9% median advance under Republicans.
7) US Dollar has rallied under the Democrats, but fallen under the Republicans. Fact: Dollar +0.8% under Democrats and -3.6% (yes, negative) under Republicans (and by the way it dropped almost 6% - yes negative 6% under “W”)
As the Japan Times put it, the facts are hard to dispute; indeed, the historical record is now so stark that diehard Republicans are probably starting to wonder if there is a curse. Over the period for which modern statistics are readily available, Democrats have outperformed Republicans by almost every traditional measure of economic performance (per capita GDP growth, unemployment, inflation, budget deficits). Democrats do better no matter what you measure, how you measure it, or how you fiddle with the data.
Vote intelligently. Don’t be swayed by rhetoric, real actions, real performance is the only thing that matters. Facts are facts.
|Recently by ayatoilet1||Comments||Date|
|Keep Boycotting BP|
|Dec 01, 2012|
|The War on Oil – Part 2|
|Nov 30, 2012|
|The War on Oil – Part 1|
|Nov 30, 2012|
|نسرین ستوده: زندانی روز||Dec 04|
|Saeed Malekpour: Prisoner of the day||Lawyer says death sentence suspended||Dec 03|
|Majid Tavakoli: Prisoner of the day||Iterview with mother||Dec 02|
|احسان نراقی: جامعه شناس و نویسنده ۱۳۰۵-۱۳۹۱||Dec 02|
|Nasrin Sotoudeh: Prisoner of the day||46 days on hunger strike||Dec 01|
|Nasrin Sotoudeh: Graffiti||In Barcelona||Nov 30|
|گوهر عشقی: مادر ستار بهشتی||Nov 30|
|Abdollah Momeni: Prisoner of the day||Activist denied leave and family visits for 1.5 years||Nov 30|
|محمد کلالی: یکی از حمله کنندگان به سفارت ایران در برلین||Nov 29|
|Habibollah Golparipour: Prisoner of the day||Kurdish Activist on Death Row||Nov 28|