THIS POST IS AIMED AT TWO GROUPS OF PEOPLE:
1. Those who voted for reform candidates but had their votes stolen with Khamenei’s direct assistance.
2. Those who voted for Ahmadinejad but are fed up with the regime’s
crimes, lies and coverups since.
WHY VOTING IS FAR WORSE THAN “A WASTE OF TIME”
1. It is unlikely the ultraconservative Guardian Council would even allow a reform candidate.
2. Such a candidate will not be allowed to win in any case.
3. Khamenei will exploit any large turnout as “proof of
legitimacy.” See the ludicrous way the Supreme Fraud used the recent 85% turnout as “proof” of legitimacy: “The
elections proved how robust the Islamic Republic is in attracting
public trust” (http://www.leader.ir/langs/EN/)
If the regime was embarassed when three million people marched in
protest the day after a rigged election, how will it react to a protest
involving tens of millions and done in a way that is “inconvenient” for
If the disenchanted merely boycott the elections, Khamenei will ban all
independent observers and claim they “voted.” If they march in the
street, they will simply becpme fodder for his security thugs.
The best way for millions to protest is simply by people who no longer trust Khamenei’s words to stand outside
their homes or business from the time the polls open until they close.
The bravest may choose to wear green or carry signs (“We won’t be
fooled twice”) but its unnecessary and may be inadvisable. A mere
day-long silent protest will do. What can security thugs do about it?