COMMON SENSE GOALS FOR THE MOST EFFECTIVE DEMONSTRATION:
Goal #1: Produce a turnout larger than any in Iranian history, thereby exposing the regime’s total lack of legitimacy.
Goal #2: Stretch security forces to the limit.
Goal #3: Demoralize such forces by encouraging defections That’s when similar regimes have fallen.
Goal #4: Encourage more clerics to turn against Khamenei.
WHY SECURITY THUGS WOULD ACTUALLY PREFER AN ATTEMPTED STREET MARCH
1. They know how to handle it.
2. Numbers tend to be restricted to “manageable” levels because the easily intimidated won’t turn up.
3. A small turnout only enables the easy arrest, torture and murder of the opposition’s bravest.
4. A small turnout embarasses the opposition, not the regime.
5. Another failed march will boost security morale instead of undermining it.
6. A failed turnout this time will make further efforts difficult.
A MORE CLEVER WAY:
1. No one goes to work that day.
2. No one stays home that day.
3. Instead of marching, people gather in front of their houses, offices or place of work and remain there all day long, wearing green.
4. The bravest hold photos of Neda and other victims, or photos of top reformers or show trial victims, chanting whatever they please.
The biggest danger will come from undercover thugs who tend to work in smaller numbers and can be overcome.