The following are most of the slogans used by the Iranian people on September 18, 2009, the day they changed the Quds Day into the Iran Day. The varied nature of these slogans seems to speak of the varied layers of people who are part of the Iranian Civil Rights Movement.
– Confession, torture, has no more weight
Ahmadi has no choice but to resign!
– Poor dictator the movement goes on!
– Ahmadi misses enough votes he’s brought them on bus!
– Long live Mir-Hossein Long live Karrubi
– Not Gaza, Not Lebanon I sacrifice my life for Iran!
– Leadership, leadership, this is the last message
The Iranian Green Movement is ready for insurrection!
– Salute to Montazeri Greetings Sanei
– Real Basijis were Hemmat and Bakeri
– Give me back my Iranian flag!
– Shame on you Basiji Let go of freeloading!
– Shame on you dictator Let go of the kingship!
– The blood in our veins Is the gift to our nation!
– You killed the homeland’s youth Death to you, death to you!
– If Karrubi is arrested Iran will kick up a row!
– We are not from Kufah To leave Hossein alone!
– Dictator, this is our last message
Iranian green nation is ready for insurrection!
– People why don’t you do something Iran has become Palestine!
– Our votes are lost Iran has become Palestine!
– Zealous Iran Support, Support!
– You are dirt and dust You are enemy of this land!
– Political prisoner Should be freed!
Slogans in Tehran’s 7-Tir Square gathering:
– Zealous Karrubi His life for the nation
– Enough of the liar Where is Akbar Hashemi!
– Ya Hossein Mir-Hossei
– Gun, Tank, rape Has no more weight!
– Gun, tank, Basiji Has no more weight!
– We are not from Kufah To take money to stand up!
Slogans by Tehran people:
– Forces of Order Support, Support!
– Death to dictator Is cry of our nation!
– Our shame, our shame Our “Sound & Image”(TV!)
– Real clerics Montaseri, Sanei
Woe! If Sanei Give a Fatwa for Jihad!
– We are men and women of fight Fight us, we’ll fight back!
– Karrubi the idol-breaker Break the big idol!
– Palestine, where are you Come and see Kahrizak (jail!)
– Chavez, China and Putin Three friends of tyrants!