We often hear from politicians and in the news talk about reasons why we should go to war against Iran and previously Iraq because they have broken a UN resolution or are not complying with the wishes of weapon inspection teams. Talk about the wishes of the international community and how these wishes must be adhered to are spouted in moralistic tones. However there is one country in the Middle East that does have nuclear weapons and this same country has broken more UN resolutions that any other in UN history. This country also has the benefit that their biggest ally the USA will veto any serious resolution against them preventing any action from being carried out. Does this seem right or fair?
US Vetoes of Resolutions Against Israel, 1972-1990.
- “…condemned Israel’s attack against Southern against southern Lebanon and Syria…”
- “…affirmed the rights of the Palestinian people to self-determination, statehood and equal protections…”
- “…condemned Israel’s air strikes and attacks in southern Lebanon and its murder of innocent civilians…”
- “…called for self-determination of Palestinian people…”
- “…deplored Israel’s altering of the
status of Jerusalem, which is recognized as an international city by
most world nations and the United Nations…”
- “… >>>