Manouchehr, a refime propangandist who has previously urged the execution of Moussavi and Karroubi, had been posting the following news item online as if he expected it would make Iranians jump for joy.
‘Reformist (Democracy) Front to name presidential candidate soon
THREE PERMANENT LESSONS OF 2009
All Elections will be rigged (as has been fact since 2004). So long as the Islamic Republic Exists, life can never get better, not even slightly. It follows that revolution, as in Syria, is the only hope of a brighter future.
EVIDENCE OF SIMILAR INTENT IN 2013
A regime that continues to lie about 2009 obviously will not play fair in 2013.
A regime that continues to arrest, torture and imprison human rights spokesmen, reformers, journalists, minorities, etc., is hopeless.
A regime that continues to honor those who commit such crimes instead of prosecuting them is hopeless.
Any election in which the Guardian Council has a role cannot produce major reforms.
TO VOTE IN 2013 MAKES NO SENSE & MERELY ENDORSES AND ENABLES TYRANNY
1. The Guardian Council pre-vets elections, only allowing “reform light.”
2. If survivors of that vetting prove more serious about reform that thought, vote rigging will assure they don’t win.
3. If the reform candidate got past the first two barriers, he’d face a hard-line Parliament whose election was pre-rigged by the Guardian Council earlier.
4. If serious reforms were passed anyway, , an ultra-reactionary Supreme Leader would simply veto them and form a death squad to target anyone who complained loudly.
5. Top generals in the IRCG and or plainclothes thugs (used for deniability) would assist in handling any further complaintants.
6. No free press would be allowed to expose things that needed reforming.
7. For any Iranian to vote in this environment would be to collaborate in regime crimes and to assist the regime in setting up a Potemkin Village-style fraud.
SORRY FOR LACK OF PARAGRAPHS. NO MATTER HOW MANY TIME I HIT THE “ENTER” BAR THEY SHOW UP PRIOR TO PREVIEW BUT NOT WHEN I POST.