You can find a lot of upto date and translated (to English) news and articles about human rights and political issues in Iran. I hope you enjoy your visit
Below is the most recent list of political and “security risk” prisoners in Gohardasht which was obtained through a confidential and reliable source in Iran. Many of the prisoners named above are “forgotten” and lesser known prisoners who have been in the Islamic Regime Prisons for many year and have lengthy prison sentenced due to their political activities.
Gohardasht (Rajaishahr) Prison which is located in Karaj is one of the worst prisons for political prisoners as it is a facility which houses extremely dangerous offenders who have been convicted of serious criminal offences such as murder and drug trafficking. In many instances political prisoners are put into same sections and same cells as individuals who have been convicted of serious criminal offences and risk being assaulted and abused by these convicted criminals.
Gohardasht Prison also has a notorious torture section also called Section 1, “the dog house” and “the end of the road” where prisoners are tortured on a regular and systematic basis with electric batons, prisoners are handcuffed at all times while in their cells and are only allowed to use the washroom facilities 3 times a day. They are allowed to bathe once every few weeks, and the quality of food is much worse than the rest of the prison. Prisoners are given enough food just to survive and are not allowed any medical treatment or any medication while in Section 1 of the Prison.
It must be noted that the conditions in other parts of Gohardasht is not much better, and according to news received from confidential and reliable sources the water at the prison has been shut down for the past 3 days. Prior to that the water used by the prisoners for drinking, bathing and cooking was contaminated which has caused infections and various other illnesses among the prisoners. The medical clinic in the prison has refused to treat the prisoners or give them the necessary medications to treat their infections and other illnesses.
List of Political and “Security Risk” Prisoners currently in Gohardasht Prison (This is not a complete list and the names of other prisoners will be added as they are received)
1. Mr. Ali Saremi- Sentenced to death- has been in prison for more than 3 years
2. Mr. Mansour Radpour- Sentenced to 8 years of imprisonment- has been in prison for more than 3 years.
3. Mr. Ali Mansouri- sentenced to 17 years of imprisonment- has been in prison for more than 3 years.
4. Mr. Sadegh Kohandel- sentenced to 10 years of imprisonment- has been in prison for more than 4 years.
5. Mr. Saeed Masouri- sentenced to life in prison- has been in prison for more than 8 years
6. Mr. Hod Yazarlou- sentenced to 3 years of imprisonment- has been in prison for 3 years
7. Mr. Misagh Yazdan-Nejad- sentenced to 13 years of imprisonment- has been in prison for more than 2 years.
8. Mr. Ali Moezi- sentenced to 3 years of imprisonment-has been in prison for one year
9. Mr. Afshin Beymani-sentenced to life imprisonment-
10. Mr. Reza Joshan-His current situation is unknown, has not received his sentence.
11. Mr. Karim Merfazez- sentenced to life imprisonment
12. Mr. Mehdi Fetrat- his case has not been dealt with- has not been sentenced
13. Mr. Mansour Osanlou- sentenced to 5 years of imprisonment
14. Mr. Arjang Davoudi
15. Mr. Alireza Karimi Kheyrabadi
16. Mr. Behrouz Javid Tehrani- has been sentenced to 7 years of imprisonment
17. Ms. Kobra Banazadeh- sentenced to 5 years of imprisonment
18. Ms. Zahra Joshan- her case has not been dealt with, the status of her case is unknown
19. Mr. Naser Yousefi-has been sentenced to 6 years of imprisonment
20. Mr. Hashem Shahin Niya- sentenced to 7 years of imprisonment
21. Mr. Saeed Sahghalei- sentenced to life in prison
22. Mr. Khaled Hardani-sentenced to 10 years of imprisonment, has never been able to benefit from prison leave which is given to some prisoners, is not given permission to go to a hospital for treatment, even though the prison doctor has written to the prison officials stating Mr. Hardani must go to the hospital for treatment.
23. Mr. Farhang Pourmansouri- sentenced to life in prison
24. Mr. Shahram pour mansouri- sentenced to life in prison
25. Mr. Masoud Bastanei
26. Mr. Ahmad Zeydabadi
Down with the Islamic Regime in Iran
Long Live Freedom in Iran
|Recently by Sayeh Hassan||Comments||Date|
|Execution of Five (5) Kurdish Prisoners in the Evin Prison in Iran|
|May 09, 2010|
|A Call for International Solidarity with Political Prisoners in Iran|
|Apr 25, 2010|
|Open Letter to the Canadian International Peace Project-Peace and Security with Shirin Ebadi|
|Apr 17, 2010|
|نسرین ستوده: زندانی روز||Dec 04|
|Saeed Malekpour: Prisoner of the day||Lawyer says death sentence suspended||Dec 03|
|Majid Tavakoli: Prisoner of the day||Iterview with mother||Dec 02|
|احسان نراقی: جامعه شناس و نویسنده ۱۳۰۵-۱۳۹۱||Dec 02|
|Nasrin Sotoudeh: Prisoner of the day||46 days on hunger strike||Dec 01|
|Nasrin Sotoudeh: Graffiti||In Barcelona||Nov 30|
|گوهر عشقی: مادر ستار بهشتی||Nov 30|
|Abdollah Momeni: Prisoner of the day||Activist denied leave and family visits for 1.5 years||Nov 30|
|محمد کلالی: یکی از حمله کنندگان به سفارت ایران در برلین||Nov 29|
|Habibollah Golparipour: Prisoner of the day||Kurdish Activist on Death Row||Nov 28|