CAIRO — The Egyptian army deployed tanks and gave both supporters and opponents of Mohammed Morsi a deadline to leave the area outside the presidential palace Thursday following fierce street battles that left five people dead and more than 600 injured in the worst outbreak of violence between the two sides since the Islamist leader's election. The intensity of the overnight violence, with Morsi's Islamist backers and largely secular protesters lobbing firebombs and ... Continue reading »
Popular News Stories
- Iran Takes Control of Cargo Ship; U.S. Sends Destroyer to Persian Gulf
- Putin accuses US of backing North Caucasus militants — RT News
- Iranian news agency says Iran seizes U.S. vessel
- U.N. Says Israeli Military Actions Killed 44 Civilians in Schools in G...
- How A Persian Entrepreneur Beat The Odds And Changed The Game In Nairo...