CAIRO — The Egyptian army deployed tanks and gave both supporters and opponents of Mohammed Morsi a deadline to leave the area outside the presidential palace Thursday following fierce street battles that left five people dead and more than 600 injured in the worst outbreak of violence between the two sides since the Islamist leader's election. The intensity of the overnight violence, with Morsi's Islamist backers and largely secular protesters lobbing firebombs and ... Continue reading »
Popular News Stories
- Did Iran stage ‘downing’ of Israeli drone?
- Ukraine crisis: Nato readies a rapid-reaction spearhead force in respo...
- 5 reasons to suspect that Jesus never existed
- 'NYT' continues using discredited figures suggesting parity between Is...
- BBC News - Iran internet: Hassan Rouhani tells clerics web is vital