CAIRO — The Egyptian army deployed tanks and gave both supporters and opponents of Mohammed Morsi a deadline to leave the area outside the presidential palace Thursday following fierce street battles that left five people dead and more than 600 injured in the worst outbreak of violence between the two sides since the Islamist leader's election. The intensity of the overnight violence, with Morsi's Islamist backers and largely secular protesters lobbing firebombs and ... Continue reading »
Popular News Stories
- In the Syria We Don’t Know by Charles Glass
- Vladimir Putin Threatens US, Europe with Russia's 5,000 Nuclear Warhea...
- Coffee, regular or decaf, is good for your liver: Study : LIFE : Tech ...
- Erdogan angles to tag Gulenists as a national security threat
- Report: Hamas leader's daughter received medical treatment in Israel