CAIRO — The Egyptian army deployed tanks and gave both supporters and opponents of Mohammed Morsi a deadline to leave the area outside the presidential palace Thursday following fierce street battles that left five people dead and more than 600 injured in the worst outbreak of violence between the two sides since the Islamist leader's election. The intensity of the overnight violence, with Morsi's Islamist backers and largely secular protesters lobbing firebombs and ... Continue reading »
Popular News Stories
- Australia issues arrest warrants over Syria severed head photos
- Palestinian Teen Farah Baker Live Tweets Nighttime Bombardment in Gaza
- 9 things the American media isn't telling you about Israel/Palestine
- Meet My Friend Imprisoned in Iran | Reza Marashi
- 2014 Gwangju Award for Human Rights Presented to Mothers of Khavaran i...