Daryoush Sarreshteh died Nov. 8 in his daughter's home, two days after what his family says was a harsh five-hour interrogation at Dulles Airport. On Election Night last month, Daryoush Sarreshteh, 73, and his wife Sakineh, arrived at Dulles International Airport after 11 hours of flying from Tabriz, Iran, where he was once the mayor. Continue reading »
Popular News Stories
- Americans Have a Chance to Declare Independence from the Corporate Oli...
- Not Our Independence Day | Jacobin
- With Austerity Vote Just Hours Away, World's Eyes on Greece | Common D...
- Education International - Iranian teacher union leader jailed
- We Asked Foreign VICE Offices What They Think About America | VICE