The bloodshed in Syria has continued for so long that extremist forces have taken charge, with U.S. officials saying they now face two familiar enemies in the struggle to find a resolution: al Qaida in Iraq cells and Iranian-backed sectarian militias. Continue reading »
Popular News Stories
- 'Collective punishment' targets Palestinians - Middle East
- Israel To Arrest Anyone For Posting Content Deemed ‘Anti-Israel’ On Fa...
- UN torture watchdog urges US to crack down on police brutality
- The Story Behind Iran’s Censorship Redirect Page · Global Voices
- Diaries of an Exiled Persian: Princess Fatemeh Pahlavi : A Rare Photo