The bloodshed in Syria has continued for so long that extremist forces have taken charge, with U.S. officials saying they now face two familiar enemies in the struggle to find a resolution: al Qaida in Iraq cells and Iranian-backed sectarian militias. Continue reading »
Popular News Stories
- Post reporter, other journalists appear to have been detained in Iran
- Gaza UN shelter shelled, 'killing 15'
- U.N. shelter in Gaza shelled, killing at least 15; cease-fire elusive
- Is ISIS ordering women in Iraq to undergo female genital mutilation?
- John Kerry 'wanded' by security guards at Egypt's presidential palace