The image of the 'poet' is a major theme in Tanavoli's sculptures, and a major theme in his art is Heech, alluding to the Sufi concept of "nothingness." In much of his artwork, Tanavoli writes the word 'Heech' in Persian script and places it in different positions and forms. Continue reading »
Popular News Stories
- The structured, guarded world of North Korean schools
- Taylor Swift and Ariana Grande owe their pop careers to Sweden
- Who Stands in the Way of a Feminist Utopia? Women
- Nobel winner Angus Deaton is very critical of foreign aid. The reality...
- One Continuous Line Tattoos By Iranian-German Artist Mo Ganji