The image of the 'poet' is a major theme in Tanavoli's sculptures, and a major theme in his art is Heech, alluding to the Sufi concept of "nothingness." In much of his artwork, Tanavoli writes the word 'Heech' in Persian script and places it in different positions and forms. Continue reading »
Popular News Stories
- Otherwise Occupied / The commandment to expel - Diplomacy and Defense ...
- Neighbors but not Friends: Gilan, Gorbachev, and 8 Other Russian-Irani...
- Time to admit that Israel is a sick society that needs treatment
- On Iran: Congress, Please Step Aside
- Why this Iranian-born writer fears for America’s soul