Five men have been formally charged in India with the kidnapping, gang rape and murder of a 23-year-old student on a moving bus. The woman was mutilated so badly during the rape on December 16 that she needed a gut transplant, but ultimately succumbed to severe organ failure. "I think it was a cumulative effect and a cumulative feeling of anger and outrage," says Kavita Krishnan of the All India Progressive Women’s Association, one of the main organizers of protests ... Continue reading »
Popular News Stories
- Why finding a flat in Tehran is as hard as in London and NYC | World n...
- New Amendments Imperil Measure on Iran in Congress
- Iran bans magazine after 'white marriage' special | World news
- George W. Bush Bashes Obama on Middle East
- No to Violence, Yes to Dialogue: Nobel Peace Prize Laureate Mairead Ma...