Five men have been formally charged in India with the kidnapping, gang rape and murder of a 23-year-old student on a moving bus. The woman was mutilated so badly during the rape on December 16 that she needed a gut transplant, but ultimately succumbed to severe organ failure. "I think it was a cumulative effect and a cumulative feeling of anger and outrage," says Kavita Krishnan of the All India Progressive Women’s Association, one of the main organizers of protests ... Continue reading »
Popular News Stories
- Ancient battle on U.N. Security Council "trigger" bogs down Iran talks
- Obama signs order creating new cyber sanctions program
- Despite progress, Iran nuclear talks hit impasse on details| Reuters
- Israel Is Only Going to Change Its Horrific Behavior If Outsiders Forc...
- Iranian aircraft buzzed Navy helicopter in Gulf