Gripping analysis of Egypt’s transformation from military regime to police state, on the road to revolution. Revolutions are difficult to understand and almost impossible to predict. Egypt’s 2011 revolt was no exception. The military’s abandonment of Mubarak—a turning point for the revolt—confounded many observers, who assumed that the leader and the generals stood or fell together. The officers, it was thought, ruled from behind the scenes and simply swapped the f ... Continue reading »
Popular News Stories
- Now quietly working in Rangeley, chef recalls outsized role in history
- Omid Alishenas Deprived of Family VisitsHrana – News Agancy
- Architecture & Spirituality. Stunning Photography of Mosques |
- A 17th Century Colonial Palace Is Transformed Into The Downtown Hotel ...
- British Taxpayers Are Funding the UK's Mass Surveillance Program | VIC...