TEHRAN, Iran — Iran says it has launched a video-sharing website in the latest move to create government-sanctioned alternatives to Internet powerhouses such as YouTube. The Web page of Iranian state TV says the new site – Mehr, or affection in Farsi – seeks to promote Iranian and Islamic culture and artists. Continue reading »
Popular News Stories
- Otherwise Occupied / The commandment to expel - Diplomacy and Defense ...
- Neighbors but not Friends: Gilan, Gorbachev, and 8 Other Russian-Irani...
- Time to admit that Israel is a sick society that needs treatment
- On Iran: Congress, Please Step Aside
- Why this Iranian-born writer fears for America’s soul