Distinguished by passionate eloquence, moral fervor, and joyful solidarity, and, extraordinarily for its time, embracing writers male and female, black and white, antislavery literature encompassed a dazzling variety of genres: autobiography, fiction, children’s literature, poetry, oratory, and song. In telling one of the most important stories in American history, American Antislavery Writings offers a survey of unprecedented range and depth, reclaiming many forgot ... Continue reading »
Popular News Stories
- As U.S. and Iran Seek Nuclear Deal, Saudi Arabia Makes Its Own Moves
- The Only Appropriate Public Event For George Bush To Attend Is His Own...
- Why you need to see Going Clear, the new documentary on Scientology
- McCain Suggests Israel "Go Rogue," Blow Up Iran Negotiations By Starti...
- Iran’s women removing head coverings, taking photos