Distinguished by passionate eloquence, moral fervor, and joyful solidarity, and, extraordinarily for its time, embracing writers male and female, black and white, antislavery literature encompassed a dazzling variety of genres: autobiography, fiction, children’s literature, poetry, oratory, and song. In telling one of the most important stories in American history, American Antislavery Writings offers a survey of unprecedented range and depth, reclaiming many forgot ... Continue reading »
Popular News Stories
- In the Syria We Don’t Know by Charles Glass
- Vladimir Putin Threatens US, Europe with Russia's 5,000 Nuclear Warhea...
- Coffee, regular or decaf, is good for your liver: Study : LIFE : Tech ...
- Erdogan angles to tag Gulenists as a national security threat
- Report: Hamas leader's daughter received medical treatment in Israel