Distinguished by passionate eloquence, moral fervor, and joyful solidarity, and, extraordinarily for its time, embracing writers male and female, black and white, antislavery literature encompassed a dazzling variety of genres: autobiography, fiction, children’s literature, poetry, oratory, and song. In telling one of the most important stories in American history, American Antislavery Writings offers a survey of unprecedented range and depth, reclaiming many forgot ... Continue reading »
Popular News Stories
- Hundreds of American Indians to Gather on Alcatraz Island for (Un)Than...
- BBC News - Ferguson: Did prosecutors focus unduly on marijuana?
- Diaries of an Exiled Persian: Princess Fatemeh Pahlavi : A Rare Photo
- Why America Is to Blame for Mexico's Carnage and Corruption
- The President Who Ate Turkey - Steven A. Cook