Distinguished by passionate eloquence, moral fervor, and joyful solidarity, and, extraordinarily for its time, embracing writers male and female, black and white, antislavery literature encompassed a dazzling variety of genres: autobiography, fiction, children’s literature, poetry, oratory, and song. In telling one of the most important stories in American history, American Antislavery Writings offers a survey of unprecedented range and depth, reclaiming many forgot ... Continue reading »
Popular News Stories
- Muslim Frenchwomen Struggle With Discrimination as Bans on Veils Expan...
- Carly Fiorina Calls The Chinese Unimaginative Idea Thieves
- Iran nuclear deal unlikely by June 30-French envoy
- Post reporter’s ‘espionage’ trial adjourns; it’s unclear if it will re...
- White House Responds To Question of Apology For 1953 Iran Coup