As the crisis in Syria deepens, world powers become more divided over how to respond. The death toll, according to the United Nations, has exceeded 10,000. In an unprecedented move, the Arab League called for the UN Security Council to end the violence in Syria. However, the UN Security Council resolution embracing the Arab League’s proposal on Syria was vetoed by Russia and China. Considering the Syrian regime’s atrocities, the West alongside the Arab League are po ... Continue reading »
Popular News Stories
- Sweden recognises state of Palestine - Europe
- UN condemns Israeli settlement expansion - Americas
- Tehran tries to inspire residents to follow 'Islamic lifestyle' via co...
- Iraqi peshmerga fighters head for Syria to fight Islamic State| Reuter...
- A walled paradise: a history of Iranian gardening | World news