RIYADH, Saudi Arabia -- Online activists in Saudi Arabia are calling for harsher punishments for child abuse after reports that a prominent cleric received only a light sentence after confessing to the beating death of his 5-year-old daughter. The social media campaign gaining momentum Sunday is the latest attempt to use the Internet to pressure the kingdom's ultraconservative rulers. Continue reading »
Popular News Stories
- Iran's cyber army - Business Insider
- U.S. Airstrikes on ISIS in Tikrit Prompt Boycott by Shiite Fighters
- Jon Stewart demolishes Fox News: “You have a massive ego and spend 24 ...
- Houthi Forces Move on Southern Yemen, Raising Specter of Regional Grou...
- Republicans, in Shift, Demand Lockstep Support for Israel