RIYADH, Saudi Arabia -- Online activists in Saudi Arabia are calling for harsher punishments for child abuse after reports that a prominent cleric received only a light sentence after confessing to the beating death of his 5-year-old daughter. The social media campaign gaining momentum Sunday is the latest attempt to use the Internet to pressure the kingdom's ultraconservative rulers. Continue reading »
Popular News Stories
- No casualties in KDPI attack on PKK, following earlier deadly cl
- Links to Iran and Hezbollah found in IS attack in Saudi Arabia
- Steve Wozniak: 'US would look like Dubai if it didn't spend all its mo...
- Sign Petition Calling on Sen. Graham to Retract Racist, Anti-Iranian R...
- Sophie Marceau: Queen of baring all at Cannes