RIYADH, Saudi Arabia -- Online activists in Saudi Arabia are calling for harsher punishments for child abuse after reports that a prominent cleric received only a light sentence after confessing to the beating death of his 5-year-old daughter. The social media campaign gaining momentum Sunday is the latest attempt to use the Internet to pressure the kingdom's ultraconservative rulers. Continue reading »
Popular News Stories
- Russian Aviation Hits Over 50 ISIL Facilities in Syria With 60 Flights
- The Panthers’ Revolutionary Feminism - The New York Times
- Gulf states plan military response as Putin raises the stakes in Syria...
- Why JG Ballard’s High-Rise takes dystopian science fiction to a new le...
- Navy Aircraft Support Missing El Faro Search Efforts