RIYADH, Saudi Arabia -- Online activists in Saudi Arabia are calling for harsher punishments for child abuse after reports that a prominent cleric received only a light sentence after confessing to the beating death of his 5-year-old daughter. The social media campaign gaining momentum Sunday is the latest attempt to use the Internet to pressure the kingdom's ultraconservative rulers. Continue reading »
Popular News Stories
- Communism's Death Toll, and the Jewish Role in Bolshevism
- Emerging Shi’ite unrest toward Hezbollah following discovery about mis...
- Israeli Prime Minister Netanyahu's wife convicted of abusing employee
- Iranian mothers pose in embroidered boreghehs that they wear from age ...
- Kurds poised to capture Syrian rebel-held airbase