CAIRO, Feb 5 (Reuters) - Egypt's top Sunni Muslim scholar told Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad of Shi'ite Iran on Tuesday that his country must give full rights to Sunnis living in Iran and refrain from interfering in the affairs of Gulf Arab states. Grand Sheikh Ahmed al-Tayeb, the head of al-Azhar mosque and university, also urged Ahmadinejad to "respect Bahrain as a sisterly Arab state", according to a statement issued by al-Azhar's me ... Continue reading »
Popular News Stories
- Tehran mocks anti-jihadist front that leaves Damascus behind
- “China Would be Concerned if Iran Became more Democratic”
- Five lessons from the struggle to reinstate Steven Salaita at the Univ...
- Iranian Dissident Banned from VOA for Criticizing Tehran
- Gaza ceasefire proving once again to be part of the ‘occupation game’...