CAIRO, Feb 5 (Reuters) - Egypt's top Sunni Muslim scholar told Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad of Shi'ite Iran on Tuesday that his country must give full rights to Sunnis living in Iran and refrain from interfering in the affairs of Gulf Arab states. Grand Sheikh Ahmed al-Tayeb, the head of al-Azhar mosque and university, also urged Ahmadinejad to "respect Bahrain as a sisterly Arab state", according to a statement issued by al-Azhar's me ... Continue reading »
Popular News Stories
- Iranians Protest Over Recent Acid Attacks
- The art of picnicking in Iran | News & Advice | Travel
- Iran: Workers at Khatton Abad Copper Mines detained following protest
- How Madeleine Albright and Gloria Steinem Betrayed Women Everywhere
- Israel offers free holidays to Oscars contenders in effort to improve ...