CAIRO, Feb 5 (Reuters) - Egypt's top Sunni Muslim scholar told Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad of Shi'ite Iran on Tuesday that his country must give full rights to Sunnis living in Iran and refrain from interfering in the affairs of Gulf Arab states. Grand Sheikh Ahmed al-Tayeb, the head of al-Azhar mosque and university, also urged Ahmadinejad to "respect Bahrain as a sisterly Arab state", according to a statement issued by al-Azhar's me ... Continue reading »
Popular News Stories
- Emirates Secretly Sends Colombian Mercenaries to Yemen Fight
- Review: ‘Lorca Madly in Love’ Portrays a Forbidden Romance Through Fla...
- UK, Russia can defeat ISIS together – Russian ambassador — RT UK
- ‘I’m Frightened’: After Attacks in Paris, New York Muslims Cope With a...
- Iran Human Rights | Article: 7 Executions in North & South Iran