Khuzestan is the richest region in Iran and the source of its oil, but the indigenous Arab people suffer the country's highest poverty rate. Why are the Arab Ahwazi people the poorest in Iran? To answer this question, it is important to look at the factors that have created the situation in Khuzestan province. Labour is a major factor that affects the living standards of societies. Although few human rights activists look in depth at labour issues in Ahwaz, it is cr ... Continue reading »
Popular News Stories
- Tensions Escalate Between Israel and a Second Party in Gaza: The Unite...
- Petrodollars, Petroyuan, and the Ongoing Erosion of American Hegemony
- Senate blocks aid to Israel - Burgess Everett
- John Legend on Israel-Gaza: 'So sick watching our Secretary of State g...
- Australia issues arrest warrants over Syria severed head photos