By Jessica Dye NEW YORK, Feb 5 (Reuters) - The head of a proposed mosque that was to be built near the site of the Sept. 11, 2001 attacks in New York City was sued on Tuesday and accused of squandering millions of dollars in donations on lavish lifestyle perks for himself and his wife. The lawsuit, filed in Manhattan Supreme Court by several donors, accuses Imam Feisel Abdul Rauf of diverting $167,000 from private donations and $3 ... Continue reading »
Popular News Stories
- U.S.-Israel ties help and hinder American efforts to secure a cease-fi...
- As Much of the World Frowns on Israel, Americans Hold Out Support
- Iran's supreme leader calls for end to 'murderous' Israeli regime
- 8 Surprising Celebrities Outraged by Israel's Assault on Gaza
- Conyers, Detroit Water Brigade vow fight to help those threatened by s...