By Jessica Dye NEW YORK, Feb 5 (Reuters) - The head of a proposed mosque that was to be built near the site of the Sept. 11, 2001 attacks in New York City was sued on Tuesday and accused of squandering millions of dollars in donations on lavish lifestyle perks for himself and his wife. The lawsuit, filed in Manhattan Supreme Court by several donors, accuses Imam Feisel Abdul Rauf of diverting $167,000 from private donations and $3 ... Continue reading »
Popular News Stories
- portland imc - 2007.06.03 - Time magazine's 1951 man of the year
- How America is quietly becoming a climate change leader
- Fewer Californians got into UC, while offers to foreign students rose
- State Department Slams Last-Minute Push To Sabotage Iran Deal
- ‘F*ck Me!': Stewart Baffled that Trump’s ‘Farce of a Candidacy’ Is Suc...