By Jessica Dye NEW YORK, Feb 5 (Reuters) - The head of a proposed mosque that was to be built near the site of the Sept. 11, 2001 attacks in New York City was sued on Tuesday and accused of squandering millions of dollars in donations on lavish lifestyle perks for himself and his wife. The lawsuit, filed in Manhattan Supreme Court by several donors, accuses Imam Feisel Abdul Rauf of diverting $167,000 from private donations and $3 ... Continue reading »
Popular News Stories
- Otherwise Occupied / The commandment to expel - Diplomacy and Defense ...
- Neighbors but not Friends: Gilan, Gorbachev, and 8 Other Russian-Irani...
- Time to admit that Israel is a sick society that needs treatment
- On Iran: Congress, Please Step Aside
- Why this Iranian-born writer fears for America’s soul