Committee of Human Rights Reporters – Kurdish journalist Adnan Hassanpour has spent 7 years in prison, making him the longest standing prisoner among journalists. He is serving his sentence behind bars in Sanandaj prison, deprived of his legal right to furlough, without a single hour of release during these years. Leyli Hassanpour, the sister of the incarcerated journalist said in an interview with Committee of Human Rights Reporters regarding her brother, “Adnan ha ... Continue reading »
Popular News Stories
- Gaza UN shelter shelled, 'killing 15'
- U.N. shelter in Gaza shelled, killing at least 15; cease-fire elusive
- “The more the dead, the better”: Israel’s crumbling media war
- Is ISIS ordering women in Iraq to undergo female genital mutilation?
- John Kerry 'wanded' by security guards at Egypt's presidential palace