Committee of Human Rights Reporters – Kurdish journalist Adnan Hassanpour has spent 7 years in prison, making him the longest standing prisoner among journalists. He is serving his sentence behind bars in Sanandaj prison, deprived of his legal right to furlough, without a single hour of release during these years. Leyli Hassanpour, the sister of the incarcerated journalist said in an interview with Committee of Human Rights Reporters regarding her brother, “Adnan ha ... Continue reading »
Popular News Stories
- Iran: We saved the Jews three times; Netanyahu should learn history - ...
- Jacquemus Fall 2015 Ready-to-Wear Fashion Show: Runway Review
- Iranian special forces rescue kidnapped diplomat in Yemen
- FGM in Iraq: The Kurdish village ending female genital mutilation
- Men stone woman protesting sexual harassment with metal armour