The horrors visited on tens of thousands of Iranians in the years after the Islamic revolution were spelled out as the Iran Tribunal published its final judgment. Described as “a great achievement... a miracle,” by one of the survivors, the Tribunal found that during the 1980s the Islamic Republic was guilty of the murder of between 15,000 and 20,000 political prisoners. Continue reading »
Popular News Stories
- Israel must be probed for war crimes by world powers, UN rights chief ...
- Gaza Strip fighting defies diplomatic solutions big and small
- Six judges accused of leading role in Iranian crackdown on free speech
- U.N. says Israel violated international law, after shells hit school i...
- Australia issues arrest warrants over Syria severed head photos