I just finished reading a blog by someone who was questioning and was somewhat surprised that Islam bashing has become a sport if you will.
As apparently bewildered as he was about what is going on, I am bewildered as to how someone who claims to be non religious is so clueless as to why what is happening, is happening.
Lets look at 2 countries which are the primary hubs of the 2 main sects of Islam, Shia’ and Sunni; Iran and Saudi Arabia respectively. In these countries:
Iran Saudi Arabia
1) Are women equal to men? No No
2) Is there freedom of speech? No No
3) Do people of other faiths practice No No
their religion freely
4) Can a citizen of these country No No
change his/her religion without fear of execution?
5) Are there free elections? No No
6) Do these countries support global Yes Yes
7) Is Islam forced down the throat Yes Yes
of their citizens?
8) Do religious clerics in these Yes Yes
countries advocate hatred and
killings of people of other faiths?
9) Do 51+% of people of these Yes Yes
countries like and support regime change?
10) Is there oppression and censorship Yes Yes
of arts and literature?
11) Can men have more than 1 wife? Yes Yes
12) Is there religiously sanctioned Yes Yes
prostitution (temporary sigheh)
The list is too long to type; you can add censorship of all type of media (TV, internet, newspapers) and a whole host of other things like honor killings, “taghiyeh”, culture of sadness etc etc etc
I personally hold Islam responsible for ALL (100%) ills of Iran and Iranian society. To that end, I am a strong proponent of Islam bashing at every opportunity possible.