Archive Sections: letters | music | index | features | photos | arts/lit | satire Find Iranian singles today!
Iranian of the day

January 3, 2006

Happy Holidays to you and yours! May peace and joy fill your hearts this holiday season, whether you are celebrating Christmas, Hannukah or Yalda! My children are well, as you can see in the attached pictures. They are not always so loving and cheerful as they are in these pictures. However, those are the moments we have chosen to keep and cherish from the past year.

Zoya will be in kindergarten next year and Nima will start preschool. As it stands now Zoya is planning on becoming a Princess and Nima has his eyes on Superman-ship. We'll see!!! Zoya was very disappointed when I told her that there are only two ways of becoming a Princess. You either are born into a royal family or you need to marry into one. I don't know how long she will stay mad at us for not being Royalty, but I am certain as soon as she finds her Prince she'll forgive us.

As for Farzad and I, you know what happens to people who live in a household with an almost-5-year-old and a 2.5 -year-old. They fall into oblivion. But we will survive as have millions of parents before us. For now I guess we just have to settle for warm hugs, slobbery kisses, big grins and loud belly laughs. Milou (our dog) is doing well too, although he does not enjoy oblivion as much as we do.

I wish you a wonderful new year.

Peace and Joy

Taraneh Amin

Who's your Iranian of the day? Send us photo

COMMENT
For letters section

* FAQ
* Advertising
* Support iranian.com
* Editorial policy
* Write for Iranian.com
* Reproduction

SECTIONS
* Latest photos
-- Archive

* Iranians
... of the day

* Here and there
this and that

RELATED
Photography

© Copyright 1995-2013, Iranian LLC.   |    User Agreement and Privacy Policy   |    Rights and Permissions