Build-Up to 22 Bahman: Global Events to Highlight Abuses
Maintain International Awareness
* Well over 70 rallies, vigils, demonstrations, and marches are scheduled to take place between February 5th and 14th to raise awareness prior, during, and after the anticipated demonstrations in Iran.
Events are taking place everywhere from Malaysia to Minnesota, from Oslo to Los Angeles, and from Romania through Western Europe.
* Coordinating a global day of action BEFORE Iran’s anticipated demonstrations ensures not only that the international community and mainstream media remain aware of the upcoming demonstrations, but also that news, pictures, and videos of the world’s support makes its way to Iran before 22 Bahman.
* Already, much of the footage from support around the world in the last few days has made it to Iran, as demonstrated by the very same videos being forwarded back to us.
* Creating buzz regarding the upcoming 22 Bahman demonstrations in Iran serves to focus the international community’s attention not just on the ongoing human & civil rights abuses, but also on the struggles the Iranian people will face on 22 Bahman.
Where the people of Iran send us pictures of violence and brutality, we must step up and return footage of support so the people of Iran can witness the international community’s unwavering support.
* Concerned citizens from every reach of life have come together to reaffirm the world’s support and solidarity in the Iranian people’s fight for basic civil & human rights and to remind them “You are NOT alone.”
Already dozens of events have taken place, including various parts of
10 February 2010