1. Create a very real military threat by concentrating naval forces in the Persian Gulf and voicing threats of war at the Iranian regime.
2. Widen international sanctions that will paralyze the Iranian economy in the same manner as Gaddafi’s Libya.
3. Encourage ethnic minorities in Iran to launch guerrilla warfare against the regime. The Baluchis in the southeast, Turkmen in the northeast, Azaris in the northwest, Kurds in the west, and Arabic-speaking tribes in the southwest are each discriminated against and each has a history of guerrilla actions.
4. Transfer funds to opposition bodies inside Iran to finance strikes, demonstrations, and other resistance activities.
5. Rally three million Iranian exiles to lobby leaders in the countries where they now reside to join the international effort to effect regime change in Iran.