Almost every samovar design I remember seeing in Iran can be found in this Russian video documentary on these useful art objects. The narration is voiced over for an Arabic speaking audience, but you don't need to understand the words to delight in these amazing designs.
Iran's handmade samovars are made in Boroojerd (varsho saazi). Sadly it is a disappearing art in Iran. This Russian video with voiced over narration for an Arabic speaking audience shows an astonishing variety of these familiar and useful art objects, including some Iranian ones. Some say the Russians perfected the samovar from a Mongolian cooking urn, others mention a 3600 year old proto-samovar found in Shaki, Azarbaijan.
1. My mom's dowry samovar-- 4:24
2. Shah (Qajar) mentioned--8:40
3. Plenty of design action between 9:00 and 12:40 (with brief old Russian film interlude)
4. My favorite design (she's "hot")--9:22
5. How to stoke a samovar with your boot--15:10
6. Have no idea what cosmonaut Uri Gagarin has to do with samovars (he had tea with Queen Elizabeth?)--21:45
7. Please someone, make a documentary of the Boroojerd samovar artists before they're all gone.
|Recently by Ari Siletz||Comments||Date|
چرا مصدق آسوده نمی خوابد.
|Aug 17, 2012|
|This blog makes me a plagarist|
|Aug 16, 2012|
|Double standards outside the boxing ring|
|Aug 12, 2012|
|نسرین ستوده: زندانی روز||Dec 04|
|Saeed Malekpour: Prisoner of the day||Lawyer says death sentence suspended||Dec 03|
|Majid Tavakoli: Prisoner of the day||Iterview with mother||Dec 02|
|احسان نراقی: جامعه شناس و نویسنده ۱۳۰۵-۱۳۹۱||Dec 02|
|Nasrin Sotoudeh: Prisoner of the day||46 days on hunger strike||Dec 01|
|Nasrin Sotoudeh: Graffiti||In Barcelona||Nov 30|
|گوهر عشقی: مادر ستار بهشتی||Nov 30|
|Abdollah Momeni: Prisoner of the day||Activist denied leave and family visits for 1.5 years||Nov 30|
|محمد کلالی: یکی از حمله کنندگان به سفارت ایران در برلین||Nov 29|
|Habibollah Golparipour: Prisoner of the day||Kurdish Activist on Death Row||Nov 28|