Hello Iranian.com boosters!
After roughly 6 months of work, I am excited to announce that the new Iranian.com is ready!
Here is what you can expect:
- Easy content production. From videos, audio files, text blogs, news links, we have streamlined how content gets created and shared.
- Moderation of comments. You will now be in charge of moderating comments made by others on your content. Any deleted comment by the content creator will automatically be replaced with short verbiage that explains that the author has decided to remove the comment.
- Internal public messaging system. Any @ sign followed by a username will create a link to that member's profile and will notify that member that he or she has been mentioned by you.
- Ranking of content. Alas, IDC will no longer have an Editor. Rather, the system will rank content based on an algorithm which factors variables like Toops (ie "Likes"), comments and views. The algorithm is a work in progress, so please be patient as it evolves and matures.
- Signal to noise. You will have the ability to toggle between viewing content posted by all members vs only viewing content by those you choose to follow.
- Social media integration. In addition to supporting Facebook Connect and Twitter for new member registrations, you will have the option to automatically push your content to the aforementioned social media sites.
- Unique url's. Each user can create a simple, easy to remember url. For example, mine will be Iranian.com/SaidAmin.
Instructions for getting on the new site...
1) Please go to http://iranian.com/ and click "Sign In" (top of the page). Login with your current Iranian.com registered email address and password. Note, if you are a member who has registered to Iranian.com within the last 30 days, you will need to create a new profile.
2) Once you have entered your email address/password, click the "Click here to resend confirmation link".
3) A confirmation email/link will be sent to your email address. Please click the received link to verify your account to complete the registration process.
4) Login with your email address and password.
As of Wednesday night, the new IDC will be live on the domain Iranian.com. Any content that you create on the url above will be available when we redirect to the Iranian.com domain. At around the same time, we will begin archiving all "old" content created since 2008. Please note that while archiving, your content will not be visible on the web. This "blackout" period should last around 4 days.
There's also lots of cool upgrades in the works, but for now, please join me on the new Iranian.com.
Onward & Upward!
|نسرین ستوده: زندانی روز||Dec 04|
|Saeed Malekpour: Prisoner of the day||Lawyer says death sentence suspended||Dec 03|
|Majid Tavakoli: Prisoner of the day||Iterview with mother||Dec 02|
|احسان نراقی: جامعه شناس و نویسنده ۱۳۰۵-۱۳۹۱||Dec 02|
|Nasrin Sotoudeh: Prisoner of the day||46 days on hunger strike||Dec 01|
|Nasrin Sotoudeh: Graffiti||In Barcelona||Nov 30|
|گوهر عشقی: مادر ستار بهشتی||Nov 30|
|Abdollah Momeni: Prisoner of the day||Activist denied leave and family visits for 1.5 years||Nov 30|
|محمد کلالی: یکی از حمله کنندگان به سفارت ایران در برلین||Nov 29|
|Habibollah Golparipour: Prisoner of the day||Kurdish Activist on Death Row||Nov 28|