Today we mourn the passing of a beloved old friend, Common Sense, who has
been with us for many years. No one knows for sure how old he was, since
his birth records were long ago lost in bureaucratic red tape. He will be
remembered as having cultivated such valuable lessons as:
* Knowing when to come in out of the rain; why the early bird gets the
* Life isn't always fair; and maybe it was my fault.
* Common Sense lived by simple, sound financial policies (don't spend more
than you can earn) and reliable strategies (adults, not children, are in
* His health began to deteriorate rapidly when well-intentioned but
overbearing regulations were set in place. Reports of a 6-year-old boy
charged with sexual harassment for kissing a classmate; teens suspended
from school for using mouthwash after lunch; and a teacher fired for
reprimanding an unruly student, only worsened his condition.
* Common Sense lost ground when parents attacked teachers for doing the job
that they themselves had failed to do in disciplining their unruly children.
* It declined even further when schools were required to get parental
consent to administer sun lotion or an Aspirin to a student; but could not
inform parents when a student became pregnant and wanted to have an
* Common Sense lost the will to live as the churches became businesses; and
criminals received better treatment than their victims.
* Common Sense took a beating when you couldn't defend yourself from a
burglar in your own home and the burglar could sue you for assault.
* Common Sense finally gave up the will to live, after a woman failed to
realize that a steaming cup of coffee was hot. She spilled a little in her
lap, and was promptly awarded a huge settlement.
* Common Sense was preceded in death by his parents Truth and Trust, by his
wife Discretion, his daughter, Responsibility, and his son Reason.
* He is survived by his 4 stepbrothers; I Know My Rights. I Want It Now.
Someone Else Is To Blame. I'm A Victim.
* Not many attended his funeral because so few realized he was gone.
|Recently by bajenaghe naghi||Comments||Date|
|Mammad's Shrimp Moment|
|Jul 16, 2010|
|My Love Affair with Catherine Zeta Jones|
|Jun 17, 2010|
|The Case of Missing Johnny Dollar.|
|Apr 10, 2010|
|نسرین ستوده: زندانی روز||Dec 04|
|Saeed Malekpour: Prisoner of the day||Lawyer says death sentence suspended||Dec 03|
|Majid Tavakoli: Prisoner of the day||Iterview with mother||Dec 02|
|احسان نراقی: جامعه شناس و نویسنده ۱۳۰۵-۱۳۹۱||Dec 02|
|Nasrin Sotoudeh: Prisoner of the day||46 days on hunger strike||Dec 01|
|Nasrin Sotoudeh: Graffiti||In Barcelona||Nov 30|
|گوهر عشقی: مادر ستار بهشتی||Nov 30|
|Abdollah Momeni: Prisoner of the day||Activist denied leave and family visits for 1.5 years||Nov 30|
|محمد کلالی: یکی از حمله کنندگان به سفارت ایران در برلین||Nov 29|
|Habibollah Golparipour: Prisoner of the day||Kurdish Activist on Death Row||Nov 28|